Saturday, March 22, 2014

Polymer Mexican Embroidery

Ever since I watched Penny Jo Couch's polymer clay ribbon embroidery demonstration at the Arizona Polymer Clay Guild (click HERE), I have wanted to give it a try. Penny Jo teaches her faux ribbon embroidery technique (click HERE); most recently at Cabin Fever Clay Fest.  Between Penny Jo's demo and a Mo Clay's video tutorial on how to "embroider" with polymer (click HERE), I finally got the hang of it.  Very fun.  In fact, I am loving it.  The freeform sculpting is right up my alley.  I am doing a polymer clay demonstration today at our local art fair here in Sun City West, Arizona.  I'm looking forward to setting up my booth and spending the day making polymer clay canes, watching people and enjoying the sunshine.  Oh yes, I hope I sell too.

5 comments:

Barbara said...

Enjoy your day, and I hope you ell too! :)

Barbara said...

PS...incredibly intricate and beautiful technique. Such tiny elements!

DVArtist said...

Wow Marlene I am so impressed with these cabs. You are truly the master.
Nicole/Beadweright

Monique (A Half-Baked Notion) said...

I love this process and your pendants look fantastic, Marlene :)

Marlene Brady said...

Thank you all! I really enjoy making them. Fun.