Thursday, September 1, 2011

Polymer Clay Batty Bookmarks

Batty Bookmarks made from Glow in the Dark Polymer clay. I kept thinking, "What can I put on those darn book pages?" Duh, bookmarks! I purchased a small bat cookie cutter, googlie eyes and paper clips at Michael's Craft Store. I conditioned the Glow in the Dark clay thoroughly, rolled out a sheet on #4 pasta machine setting and cut out two bats for each paperclip. I placed the paperclip between the two cutouts, pressed them together and baked. After they were cooled, I glued the eyes on. Fang-tastic. Added a new Halloween book to my collection, "Bat Wing Recipes by Ghoulia Childs." I used Blackadder ITC font, raw umber acrylic paint (on a dampened paper towel) to stain the paper and some red on my thumb to make the "bloody" fingerprints. Then folded the paper over an old book, stuck in the batty bookmarks and added it to my Halloween Classics. Booo-tiful. More brewing tomorrow.

2 comments:

Marie Young (Marie Young Creative) said...

These are so great! Thanks for stopping by my blog so I could discover yours. I love it!

lisbonlioness said...

SQUEE! I love it! I googled clay bat sculpture and arrived here- best find ever, you made my day. How I've not come across your batty bookmarks before escapes me, but they went straight onto my pinterest to give them the traffic they deserve. (well, hopefully)