Saturday, August 6, 2011

Wallpaper Necklace #1

Textures made by the two wallpaper molds below. I put scrap polymer clay through the pasta machine until it was gray and used it as the base. Rolled out a sheet of the gray clay, laid Wallpaper Pattern A mold on the bottom and Wallpaper Pattern B mold on the top and gently pressed them into the raw clay. I used Pearl Ex Antique Copper to lightly highlight the pattern on both sides and then I cut out three sizes of circles. Poked a hole and baked them. Attached the copper jump rings and strung them on a coppery chain I purchased at Michael's. Wallpaper Pattern A above and Wallpaper Pattern B below Yeah, I'm baaaack and feelin good. Finally. On with the experiments.

8 comments:

Barbara said...

Yay, Marlene is back! This is an ingenious project, and so unique! Now, when will it be published?

Rhonda said...

OMG - that necklace is gorgeous! Also, where did you get the black top? I want it!

Lupe Meter said...

Beautiful necklace, Marlene! Glad you are feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Great neckace! I do very little (if anything) in clay but this is a must try!

Norma's Bag Boutique said...

Beautiful!!!

Herina said...

Great!!

Katie said...

I am in love with this funky necklace! very fun! Also, love your new little brains! too cool.

Anonymous said...

Great idea. They are almost like old coins :).
Stay inspired!