Sunday, August 28, 2011

Broken, But Not Forgotten

Some of my doll china collection was broken in our move to Arizona nine years ago. Finally got around to throwing some ceramic tile adhesive and mortar on an old frame and sticking some pieces into it. I do like how it turned out; kind of MacKenzie Childs (click here). I am hoping to use up the rest of the collection so there is one less box in my studio (yeah, like that's gonna happen). If only I could stay focused on one darn thing. There is just so much to have fun with and so little time.

2 comments:

Diana LaMarre said...

What a wonderful idea. These frames are so much more interesting than a plain old wooden one.

Anonymous said...

This is a clever idea! I broke my coffee mug I got while visiting Ireland and my sister told me to save all the pieces & make a stepping stone or something. I love this idea, to cover a frame, then I can place one of my favorite pictures taken in Ireland!

Thanks so much for sharing!

Lanetta
http://lanettascreations.blogspot.com/