Monday, December 20, 2010

Oh Cactus Tree, Oh Cactus Tree......

That's what I've been singing instead of "Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree..." Our plein air painting group went to White Tank Mountains for the morning. It was so beautiful and peaceful. Below is what I was looking at and above is the result.
The dark frame makes the colors pop and the silver leaf frame brings out the pastels.
One of my fellow painters set up in the fine sand at the bottom of a wash. Again, I stayed on the main trail not wanting to make the descent with all my gear. I really enjoy the new sites, the fresh air, the painting challenge and the shared laughter. I'm looking forward to the next trip after the holidays.

1 comment:

Roberta Warshaw said...

Lovely. I like the silver frame best. I really enjoy watching you paint my favorite places.