Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Air Dry Polymer Flowers

This is a short, but sweet post today. Just a couple of pins of made from air dry polymer clay. I beaded and wired some little baby's breath and glued them among the leaves. Added some gold cording and red velvet ribbon and have received lots of compliments on it.
This is a small pin with one sweet rose nestled among the tiny flowers, buds and leaves. These pins are so lightweight, it is unbelievable.
Sculpey Light is a good brand to try and so is Makins. You just need to have everything laid out ahead of time as you need to work quickly. The clay air drys in a matter of minutes, so you need to be prepared to work quickly. It really is a lot of fun. More tomorrow.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You and I are on the same wavelength...I've been experimenting with paperclay and Lumina. Unfortunately, I don't have anything this beautiful to show yet. The colors are yummy together and your leaves are great.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty, Marlene! I have yet to try the air dry clays yet. Thanks for sharing.

Kathy said...

Awesome! I loved your bead crochet thing, too!