Sunday, March 28, 2010

Beaded and Strung Out


The Polymer Cafe' magazine article I am writing is almost done. I'm very excited and hope it goes well. In the meantime, I have several days worth of jewelry to post. I started the above necklace with a sculptural peyote stitch using matte seed beads, then added the fringe using larger seed beads with a gloss finish.
I beaded a loop and used an old button for the closure. The fresh water pearls are tipped with brightly colored seed beads and I wove a few glass beads around the center spiral.
I strung the above necklace on Beadalon, used sterling silver cones and a sterling silver S clasp. The entire necklace is comprised of gemstones and vintage beads.
I love the amethyst against the greens and greys.

Hope your weekend is going well. Mine has been wonderfully busy.

2 comments:

Cara Jane (surfingcat) said...

I like that combination of gemstones and vintage beads, very nice

Rhonda said...

I love to see your results of "happy beading". I think you and I are both on a good roll. Good luck with your article, I'm so proud of you.