Thursday, January 14, 2010

What a Day!

I put the blacklight on my Alter Ego sculpture. Pretty funny. That will wake you up in the morning. Went to see Avatar at the show in 3-D and I guess that is what inspired the photo.
It was an eclectic day of studio time (besides playing with the blacklight). Finished one of my Flower Boxes to sell at the March Art Fair. I hand sculpt the flowers, leaves and buds from air dry polymer clay and then arrange them on a hand painted box.
We went to JoAnn's Fabrics and I bought a yard of the above fabric because I thought it was gorgeous. Not a clue what I am going to do with it, but I'm sure it will tell me.
Covered a cute little glass cup with my canes.
And finished a painting. Cleaned my studio and got my paintings ready for a showing at one of the local buildings here in Sun City West, AZ. I need to have them there by 9:30am. Until tomorrow....

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I could sit and stare at that painting for hours, what a wonderful path you created to wander down even if only in the mind.

Your bead forms are so fun looking as well as your black lighted alter ego! It's great to be able to see your joy in creating so tangibly.

The Beaded Life said...

I LOVE this painting and the one along the sidebar. Is it oil? Such a variety in your choice of materials. Glad to have found your blog and I will check back, especially on Wednesdays for BJP progress.
lisa

Dee D said...

Hi - Wow, don't even know what to say, but love your art work. I'm a fellow BJP member. The air dried clay flower is amazing. I'll be looking forward to your projects

Rhonda said...

Well, that is A DAY! We so want to see Avatar, all the colors and special effects. Your fabric is gorgeous and that painting is beautiful.