Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Fringe Binge

This is one more of my free form sculptural peyote necklaces incorporating some polymer clay beads. The polymer beads are small, but thickly sliced. Giving them visual weight keeps them in balance with the other large beads.
I used a vintage button and peyote loop closure.
This necklace is the shortest in the fringe series.
Knock on wood, I've not had one come apart. I knot after every third fringe and dot with a spec of clear nail polish. I also believe that beaded pieces should be stored lying flat and not hung. I think it adds to their longevity.

2 comments:

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

I adore your 'fringe binge' necklace! The polymer beads are a great addition. I like their colorful and chunky style. They do give the visual balance needed for such a lively design!

Marlene Brady said...

Thank you Cindy! What a treat to receive such a nice compliment. - Marlene