Sunday, August 30, 2009

Blogging

I went to see the movie, Julie, Julia without really knowing what it was about other than Julia Child. Nor did I think it was going to be that good, but my husband and I wanted to spend the day with our friends so decided to see a movie and go out for dinner. So I was pleasantly surprised when I laughed till tears were rolling down my cheeks and that all four of us really enjoyed the movie. It’s funny how things connect in life. The movie made me think of so many things. Being so self absorbed in my art that I struggle to maintain my marriage, family, home and friendships. Back in Chicago, I had a small basement room to create in. With our work schedules, my husband would constantly complain that he never saw me. When we retired and bought this house in AZ, the first thing he did was give me the family room for my studio. He said it was in the middle of the house and he could see me anytime he wanted. And we do. I love when he walks by and comments on what I am working on. Positive or negative, I love it. I look forward to the day when someone who doesn’t know me leaves a comment on my blog, positive or negative (I say that now) and connects. I know most people blog to keep a journal. I don’t. I share my art, thought processes and feelings through blogging because I want to connect to people, but with enough anonymity and distance that I feel safe. Blogging gives me a sense of creating, accomplishment and validation. So, all things being relative, I’ve gone full circle from blogging in movies to real life blogging. Whew! This was enough closeness for a while, pictures/photos of art tomorrow.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

I have tears in my eyes reading this, it hit home and makes me smile.